The Dunsmuir Memorial Bursary Program
was established to provide financial assistance to registered participants including players, coaches, trainers, officials, timekeepers, and volunteers to help offset the cost of post secondary education in memory of the Dunsmuir Family.
Each year, EGMHA awards bursaries to outstanding young people who display an incredible amount of commitment both at the arena and in the classroom.
The bursary recipients are determined on the basis of academic achievements, hockey involvement and community involvement.
Students applying for assistance may be
granted a Bursary in the amount of $1000.00 for the first year of
studies at an accredited College or University.
To be eligible to receive a bursary, a candidate must meet
the following criteria:
● Be registered for two (2) years within the EGMHA in
any capacity (player, trainer, coach, official,
● Be involved with the EGMHA during his/her
● Be a registrant in good standing with the EGMHA
● Enrolling in post-secondary full-time studies in
Canada for the first time
● Must be under the age of 20
● Must be an EG resident
● EGMHA Bursary Application Form
● A letter from the candidate outlining his/her
contributions to hockey, what the game of hockey has meant to
him/her and other information such as volunteer
or community involvement
● One (1) letter of reference from current school
● One (1) letter of reference from someone involved in
a hockey related organization
How to Apply:
1. Complete the online application form (document is to be attached to the application form)
2. Submit all required documentation no later than April 21, 2023
The EGMHA will announce successful applications no later than May 31, 2023.
Bursary cheques will be processed in October 2023 upon
receiving proof of enrollment and tuition being paid to institution. Payment
will be made directly to the recipient.