Moving to EG - Residential Transfer Process (EGMHA)

PrintMoving to EG - Residential Transfer Process


If you are moving to East Gwilliimbury (EG), and have played hockey in another center, there is a transfer process that must be followed to have the address changed to EG on your son/daughter’s Hockey Canada Profile. The process is the same regardless of age of player and whether or not there is interest in trying out for a REP team. Our office will provide assistance with completing your transfer, but EGMHA cannot change an address on a player’s profile, only the OMHA office can, provided the correct steps and full documentation required is submitted. 

Playing REP/MD Hockey in EG:

EG is a residence restricted association, and fully abides by OMHA Regulation 3.3 that states only confirmed residents of EG shall be eligible to attend tryouts, and be rostered to a Rep/MD team.

REP/MD Teams that fall under this regulation:

U8 up to U18 A and MD (note that the number and level of teams EGMHA offers is always dependent on registration numbers)

There is no residency restriction for Select Hockey (If interest warrants then EG provides Select hockey at the U11 and U13 divisions).  Players that participate on a Select team must also be registered to a EGMHA House League team.

Note: To be eligible to attend REP/MD tryouts, transfer must be approved with address change to EG on player’s profile.


1. OMHA TRANSFER: Player is moving from an OMHA centre to another OMHA centre. You can contact our office  [email protected] for the required OMHA Player Transfer Form for residential moves.

2. OHF TRANSFER: Player is moving from another association outside of the OMHA (i.e. Alliance, GTHL, NOHA etc.) In this case if you are moving to EG from outside the OMHA you must contact your outgoing member partner directly.  Your outgoing centre will process your move and notify the OMHA/EGMHA once your move has been approved.  Only then would you be eligible to tryout and be rostered to an EG team.

Once you have the transfer form, please read the instructions in its entirety and follow accordingly.  Applications that are not complete will not be processed and will only delay completion.

Step 1: Complete the OMHA Residential form in full and sign and date

Step 2: Collect the requested documents listed on the form, all documents are mandatory:

   1. Official Confirmation of School Enrollment

   2. Letter of School Authorizing the OMHA to check on and confirm school enrollment during year

   3. Copy of fully executed Rental Agreement, registered transfer of ownership, or Agreement of purchase and sale

   4. Copy of updated Drivers License with new residence address for both parents 

   5. Copy of utility or similar bill (i.e. Hydro, telephone, cable, credit card,) demonstrating the parent(s) name and new address

   6. If applicable, an executed copy of any relevant separation agreement, custody order or divorce decree. If not available, in split custody circumstances with split residence, must provide a Notary Public Affidavit confirming the player resides in EG more than 50% of the time.

Step 3: Submit transfer form and all documentation to the EGMHA office.  You can do this by scanning each document separately and send by email to  [email protected].

Step 4: Once the documents have been submitted to EGMHA, the documents will be uploaded in the Hockey Canada Registry. OMHA approval can take some time. Once the OMHA approves the transfer you will receive an email from our office notifying you that transfer to EGMHA is completed.  Player is then eligible to register to attend REP tryouts.

Important Note: This is an easy and simple process if all of the documents are submitted correctly and on time. EGMHA is only responsible for collecting the transfer documents and sending them to the OMHA. Incomplete submissions will not be forwarded.  The more documents you are able to submit, the more likely the transfer will come back approved and quickly. False residency claims and residency claims that cannot be substantiated will result in forfeiture of full registration fees.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. I am thinking about moving to EG, but haven’t found a home/condo/rental yet. How does this impact me?

A. Your player is not eligible to attend EGMHA REP tryouts until you satisfy all documentation requirements as outlined above and transfer to EG has been approved by the OMHA office.

Q. I have purchased a home/condo/rental in EG, but I don’t move in until after Tryouts. Is my player eligible to skate at Tryouts?

A. No, player cannot attend tryouts.  In order to try out for a EGMHA REP team you must be a EGMHA member and have completed the full transfer as outlined above.

Q. We have joint custody of our player, and one parent is in EG, the other is not – is my player still eligible for tryouts?

A. If you supply all of the documents listed above, including an affidavit that proves more than 50% of the player’s time is spent with the EG parent and are approved by the OMHA that player has EG residency, then the player will be eligible.

Q. Can I register before you approve my residency request?

A. Our office can submit to the OMHA office a shared transfer request.  This will allow the player to register to participate in House League Play only.  Transfer request must be initiated once player has moved to EG otherwise out of town fee will be added to players registration. Player cannot attend REP tryouts or be registered to a REP team until all documentation requirements outlined above and transfer to EGMHA has been approved by the OMHA office.

Q. What is the process between the EGMHA and the OMHA? I want to know more.

A. Your documents will be reviewed by the EGMHA for completeness, accuracy and format. Should they pass this preliminary review, the EGMHA will upload each document to the player’s permanent member profile on the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR). Once each document has been uploaded and accepted by this secure program, an OMHA representative will review the submission for authenticity and completeness. The OMHA will then a) approve, b) decline, or c) investigate for possible fraud the move, and will notify the EGMHA accordingly. Once notified, the EGMHA will notify the member of the decision and next steps.

Q. I am moving to EG, but my player will be playing house league, and house league only. What process do I follow?

A. All players follow the same process for residential moves as outlined above regardless if registering to play House League or Rep.