As the Russian military invasion of Ukraine has unfolded, so too has a humanitarian crisis that has forced civilians to flee their homes or take refuge in bomb shelters and subway stations throughout the country.
As the world watches, it's a natural thought to want to help.
Families are being separated, essential services like water and healthcare are under threat and people are losing their homes due to the ongoing conflict. EGMHA supports the people caught up in this conflict. Below, we’ve included links to where you can make a donation to the Ukrainian humanitarian aid effort.
- Canadian Red Cross: The local wing of an international emergency-relief organization. The federal government says it will match individual donations by Canadians.
- Doctors Without Borders: A humanitarian group that’s been supporting Ukraine’s COVID-19 response.
- Canada-Ukraine Foundation: a Toronto-based group that co-ordinates Canadian charitable aid to Ukraine
- Save the Children: An international NGO delivering emergency aid to Ukrainian families
- Voices of Children: Offers psychological support to children affected by the conflict in Eastern Ukraine
- United Nations Refugee Agency - Ukraine: This is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. In the Ukraine they are providing life-saving protection to families forced to flee their
We hope for a quick end to this on-gong crisis.